RE: Season Postponement due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
TO: All NRL Affiliated Bodies, NRL NT, NRL SA, NRL Victoria and NRL WA Leagues, Clubs, and Referees Associations
DATE: Wednesday, 18 March 2020
The purpose of this communication is to provide an update to all Leagues, Clubs and Referees Associations who participate in competitions within NRL NT, NRL SA, NRL Victoria and NRL WA regarding postponement of the 2020 Community Rugby League competitions due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
All community club competitions, carnivals, selection trials and training sessions are to be postponed up to and including Friday, 1 May 2020 to reduce the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The NRL is monitoring the situation very closely and is following and implementing the relevant Federal and State Government directives.
During this period, we all must work together to ensure that this decision is as effective as possible to reduce the infection rate of COVID-19.
Below are links to the relevant government websites for further information regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- Federal Government health.gov.au
- Northern Territory health.nt.gov.au
- South Australia sahealth.sa.gov.au
- Victoria health.vic.gov.au
- Western Australia health.wa.gov.au
Reporting is vital. Any club, league or association that confirms a reported case of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) must provide immediate advice to the respective General Manager of your state.
- Northern Territory – Nigel Roy firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Australia – Justin Dooley email@example.com
- Victoria – Brent Silva firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Australia – John Sackson email@example.com
- Masters - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affiliate Bodies - email@example.com
The NRL will continue to update all affiliates as new information becomes available. New information may result in the modification or extension of timelines outlined within this communication.
We will continue to monitor the situation update all Leagues and Clubs as new information becomes available; this may include modifying or extending the timelines outlined in this communication.
For further information, please contact your respective State League General Manager on the details provided above.
Head of Football: Participation, Pathways and Game Development.