All Players, Non-Playing Members, Coaches, Sports Trainers and Match Officials are required to register for each season via Play Rugby League/MySideline
- Online self-registration for ALL Players, Non-Playing Members, Coaches, Sports Trainers and Match Officials (Participant); and
- Online payment for ALL Players who have a requirement to pay, either in full or in part for their registration fees and other amounts as set by the State, League and/or Club.
NRL National Registration Regulations 2020
This document sets out the regulatory framework for the registration systems for the National Rugby League (NRL), States, Leagues and Clubs, which is central to good governance and to participation and growth of rugby league at all levels.
It is a requirement for participation in the NRL 2020 season that all Players register and where applicable, pay the fees, and complete and provide accreditation relevant to their position, as set by the NRL and relevant State, League and/or Club.
Safeguarding Children and Young People
- NRL is committed to providing a safe place for all children to learn and have fun and promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of Children and Young People participating in rugby league in programs, services or activities provided under the auspices of NRL including NRL Code of Conduct (Community Rugby League); and
- other NRL policies, procedures and guidelines relating to Children and Young People.
NRL Code of Conduct (Community Rugby League)
All parents, guardians and other spectators who attend matches, events or are in any way associated with participation in activities sanctioned by the NRL and/or the States, Leagues and Clubs:
- must understand and comply with the NRL Code of Conduct (Community Rugby League) as set out at playrugbyleague.com;
- shall respectfully and politely remind others of their obligations under the NRL Code of Conduct (Community Rugby League) where necessary; and
- in the event of serious or ongoing breaches of the NRL Code of Conduct (Community Rugby League) by another person, will report the matter to a Match Official, Club Administrator and/or the appropriate State, League or Club official so that appropriate action can be taken.
NATIONAL REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By completing this Registration Form, you (or if the Participant is under 18 years of age, the Participant’s parent or legal guardian on their behalf) agree:
- where you have provided information as part of this NRL Registration, the information:
- is true, correct and accurate to the best of your knowledge; and
- that you have taken all reasonable efforts to ensure the information provided is correct.
- processing NRL Registrations;
- organising, staging and conducting Competitions;
- delivery of NRL activities, programs, services and facilities; and
- providing Rugby League related information and offers from NRL, States, Leagues and Clubs,
- the information you have provided in the online registration form contains Sensitive Information relating to You. This information is gathered to assist the NRL, States, Leagues and/or Clubs adopt a needs-based approach to the administration and development of Rugby League.
- You will comply with, and abide by all NRL Polices and/or Codes, Rules and Regulations which govern the NRL including:
- NRL Code of Conduct (Community Rugby League);
- NRL National Safe Play Code;
- NRL National Registration Policy;
- NRL On-Field Policy
- NRL Member Protection Policy (MPP);
- National Clearance and Permits Policy and
- Any other Policies, Rules and/or Guidelines of the NRL, States, Leagues and/or Clubs where you participate.(together, the Policies)
- the NRL, States, Leagues and/or Club reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse, suspend or cancel registration (in part or in full) at any time:
- where You (or a person acting on your behalf) have provided false, misleading or inaccurate information as part of the registration process to be registered as a Participant;
- where You have failed to fully disclose any suspension that You may be serving imposed by any Rugby League Body for any reason, located anywhere in the world;
- where the individual either seeking registration or having already obtained registration, is under investigation by any State/Territory police service or other statutory authority or is the subject of on-going criminal proceedings for any offence(s) that NRL deems is of such a nature and seriousness as to present a risk by that person to any other Participant or to the reputation of any Rugby League Body or the wider game of Rugby League;
- where the individual either seeking registration or having already obtained registration, is alleged to have acted (prior to seeking or obtaining registration) in a way that would be contrary to any Policy and it is considered necessary in all the circumstances of the matter to refuse, suspend or cancel registration; and
- where the individual seeking registration or having obtained registration, is alleged to have outstanding debts or liabilities to a League, Club or other Rugby League Body and it is considered necessary in all the circumstances of the matter to refuse, suspend or cancel registration.
- where registration is cancelled because of the provision of inaccurate, false or misleading information having been provided as part of the registration process, it will be deemed to be void and invalid from the date of initial registration.
- to pay all fees, including but not limited to, registration fees and where you have authorised NRL (or its delegee) to collect fees for payment of your registration, that you have read and understood and agree to be bound by the Payment Terms and Conditions of the payment gateway company contracted by NRL to collect monies on behalf of the Clubs, Leagues and/or States.
- to complete and provide accreditation relevant to your registration type, as set by the NRL and relevant State, League and/or Club;
RISK AND LIABILITY
- By completing this registration process and participating in Rugby League you (or if the participant is under 18 years of age, then as the participant’s parent or legal guardian on their behalf) acknowledge that Rugby League is a contact sport and as such there are risks associated with participating in the sport, in particular a risk of injury.
- To the extent permitted by law, you (or if the participant is under 18 years of age, then as the participant’s parent or legal guardian) assume the risks associated with participating in the Rugby League and, in so doing, waive all claims for any liability against NRL, ARLC, and/or any State, League, or Club, and release them from any liability arising whilst the Participant is participating in the Rugby League.
- Registered Participants of NRL and/or any State, League or Club may have access to a basic level of limited insurance cover depending upon the State and/or League in which the Participant is registered to play.
- Any cover which may be available to Participants is not “comprehensive” and is intended to compliment other insurance cover you may have in place.
- NRL encourages all participants to consider their own individual needs and circumstances in relation Private Health, Life and Income Protection insurance and any other insurances which may be available.
- It is an individual’s responsibility to ensure they have adequate insurance cover for their individual needs.
- Non-Playing Members, Coaches, Sports Trainers and Match Officials
- Registered Non-Playing Members, Coaches, Sports Trainers and Match Officials of Rugby League may have access to a basic level of limited insurance cover depending upon the State and/or League in which they are registered to provide the services.
- General Insurers in Australia are prohibited from making payment on any expenses for which a Medicare benefit is paid or is payable including the balance of monies due or payable by you after the deduction of any Medicare benefit or rebate from the actual expense incurred. This is commonly referred to as the “Medicare Gap”, (refer to National Health Act 1953).
- Private Health Insurance
- It is highly recommended that all Players and Non-Playing Participants obtain private health and other insurances, as required for their own, individual circumstances, over and above any cover they may be able to access under NRL and/or the State or League where they are registered.
- States means
- New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL)
- Queensland Rugby League (QRL)
- National Rugby League Victoria (NRLVIC)
- National Rugby League Western Australia (NRLWA)
- National Rugby League Northern Territory (NRL NT)
- National Rugby League South Australia (NRLSA)
- National Rugby League Tasmania (NRLTAS)
- League means a league that operates within one of the States
- Clubs means a rugby league club that operates within one of the Leagues and/or States.
- NRL People means Players, Non-Playing Members, Coaches, Sports Trainers, Volunteers and Match Officials
Working with Children Checks (WWCC) Online Resources - Click below to access sites.